Daisypath Friendship tickers

jeudi 4 février 2010

graduation, friends and real life...


I've just read J.K. Rowling speech“The Fringe Benefits of Failure, and the Importance of Imagination,” that she delivered at the Annual Meeting of the Harvard Alumni Association, and I simply loooved the speech. I found it very similar to what I experienced after my graduation. When hopes, ambition and fears are all mixed up an you wish that you will keep in touch with your friends and that this friendship will last forever...
In the end of the speech J.K. Rowling said:"[...] I have one last hope for you, which is something that I already had at 21. The friends with whom I sat on graduation day have been my friends for life. They are my children’s godparents, the people to whom I’ve been able to turn in times of trouble, people who have been kind enough not to sue me when I took their names for Death Eaters. At our graduation we were bound by enormous affection, by our shared experience of a time that could never come again, and, of course, by the knowledge that we held certain photographic evidence that would be exceptionally valuable if any of us ran for Prime Minister.

So today, I wish you nothing better than similar friendships. And tomorrow, I hope that even if you remember not a single word of mine, you remember those of Seneca, another of those old Romans I met when I fled down the Classics corridor, in retreat from career ladders, in search of ancient wisdom:
As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.
I wish you all very good lives."

Well said J.K. Rowling, very well said!!

C U another day...

1 commentaire:

  1. The friendship between the classroom and at the age of youth is crucial in the course of his life, had already understood at the time of Greek philosophers.

    Did you see that big fish in the sea bottom in many ways there is still considerable mystery.

    Good evening, dear, a hug

    Marlow

    RépondreSupprimer